Showing all 2 results
Hammock Double – Large Rainbow #1 with macrame finishSale!
€169,00Add to basket
Hammock Single Funtasia Rainbow€59,00 Add to basket
Showing all 2 results
Hammocks have long been associated with exotic countries, where the leaves of the palm trees softly rustle and relaxing is the motto. Experience this in your own home or garden by buying a hammock and totally come to rest whenever you see fit. We have a huge selection of hammocks available, varying from medium sized to extra large sized, where you can relax in together with your partner or kids. All our hammocks are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. When purchasing a hammock also take into account your own body length. Tall people can buy a wider size to guarantee optimal stability and body support. The distinction is made by size, carry weight capacity and of course the colours and designs. With all hammocks in our collection you will see mentioned specific characteristics like width, length and maximum carry capacity.
Tips for buying a hammock
Hammocks are ideal to lounge in, but also to comfortably read a book or just to laze out. When buying a hammock it is important to pay attention to the size. Check the descriptions below to find what is most suitable for your needs.
- Normally between 135 cm -145 cm in width.
- Most suitable for use by people with a height of up to 5’1”.
- Also suitable for single person use and smaller spaces like apartments, smaller bedrooms and small gardens.
- Have a width between 160 cm – 170 cm.
- Perfect sized hammock for use by people over 5’1” in height and taller.
- These hammocks are suitable for use by 2 people.
- These are at least 180 cm in width.
- Advisable for use by people with a height of 6’0” and over for optimal comfort.
- Perfect for use by 2 tall people or the whole family.
- Specially developed by ‘ Marañon’.
- Match the width of our traditional XL size.
- The XL short hammocks are made shorter to fit in smaller spaces.
- Ideal for use by taller people and can also be used as a double hammock.
- Perfect for balconies, small gardens and small rooms.
While hammocks are most popular in the garden, it is also possible to suspend your hammock in your home. When not enough space is available for a standard hammock, a hanging chair can be a great alternative to chill out in the house.
Traditional Vs Spreader Bar
The range offered by ‘Marañon‘ are authentic and are not equipped with a spreading bar. An authentic South American hammock gives better support to your body and has optimal stability.
Hammocks were originally introduced to Europe by the early explorers in the late 15th century. These hammocks where not equipped with spreader bars. As the early Europeans did not know how to lie in the traditional way (horizontally), they equipped them with wooden bars to spread them out like a traditional bed.
- Traditional hammocks can be washed in the washing machine at a gentle cycle. This is more difficult with spreader bar versions.
- You cannot easily fall out of traditional hammocks in contrast to the spreader bar ones.
- Spreader bar hammocks do have the advantage that they can be hung at lower heights and shorter distances.
- Traditional hammocks offer better support to your body and give optimal stability.
Tips for hanging your hammock
When you have found the right spot to hang your hammock, you can refer to the category accessories to order a complete hammock suspension solution . It is also possible to order accessories like hooks and ropes in various sizes.
If you do not have any suspension points to hang your hammock, a stand can be the ideal solution. We stock a variety of hammock stands in made from different materials colours and sizes. In any case browse freely at your own pace through our website.
Hammock with stand
We offer complete sets at discount rates, if you do not have the right trees or walls to suspend a hammock from. The set includes a hammock with a stand that fits it and it can be moved around with ease instead if being in a fixed location. This does have the advantage of letting you have the freedom to put it in the best location to catch the sun in your back garden!